Submit an Event
We at NW Kids are excited to share with you our new and improved online events calendar, now more user-friendly than ever, with three types of views, categories, and an option for readers to subscribe with their Google calendars.
Here’s where you come in: now local businesses and organizations can submit their own events the to calendar free of charge!
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the calendar page. At the top of the page click on the button that says “+ Post Your Event.”
- Fill out the events page.
- Please email us a Featured Image. Our calendar is very visual and a photo/graphic makes a huge difference! Please email us your image and we will add it to your listing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do NOT check “All-day event”! Please indicate a start and end time for the date of the event. If the event is occurring over multiple days, use the “Repeat” function. Do NOT repeat the event “forever”. This significantly slows our site down. You may repeat for up to 12 months.
- Please check at least one category in the menu on the right-hand side.
- Hit “Publish.” Success! You have posted your event. We are then notified on our end to go in and approve it.
Please note: We reserve the right to take any event down that we feel is not appropriate. It is not meant to promote ongoing paid camps/classes, or classes requiring pre-registration, but local free to inexpensive community events unless otherwise arranged with NW Kids. School Open House events are reserved for paid advertisers only during the months of January, February and October. Your calendar listing is not intended to be a forum for you to advertise your business. We reserve the right to edit your listing. Please keep it simple and to the point.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or run into any trouble with the site.