We at NW Kids are excited to share with you our new and improved online events calendar, now more user-friendly than ever, with three types of views, categories, and an option for readers to subscribe with their online calendars.
Here’s where you come in: now local businesses and organizations can submit their own events the to calendar free of charge!
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the calendar page. At the top of the page click on the button that says “+ Post Your Event.”
- Fill out the events page.
- Please upload a Featured Image. Our calendar is very visual and a photo/graphic makes a huge difference!
- Do NOT check “All-day event”! Please indicate a start and end time for the date of the event on SAME DAY. If you don’t, it will post from 12am-1159pm. If the event is occurring over multiple days, you will need to create a new listing for each day event runs, as there is no longer a repeat function.
- Please check at least one category in the menu.
- Hit “Submit Event.” Success! We are then notified on our end to go in and approve it. Give us up to a week to approve your listing. Non-approved listings will not be notified.
Please note: We reserve the right to take any event down that we feel is not appropriate. It is NOT meant to promote ongoing paid camps/classes, or classes requiring pre-registration, but local free to inexpensive (less than $25) community events unless otherwise arranged with NW Kids. School Open House events are reserved for paid advertisers only during the months of January, February and October. Your calendar listing is not intended to be a forum for you to advertise your business. We reserve the right to edit your listing. Please keep it simple and to the point.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or run into any trouble with the site.